Our commercial practice is one of the core services of the firm.
Our areas of representation include the following:
- Company formation and maintenance
- Shareholders’ and partnership agreements
- Business and share sales
- Corporate restructuring, mergers, management buy-outs/buy-ins
- Providing Bahamian legal opinions to non-Bahamian clients
- Obtaining regulatory approvals from the Bahamas Investment Authority, business licences, opening bank accounts
- Immigration applications for work permits
- Employee contracts
- Agency, distribution, funding, and other commercial agreements
- Drafting commercial contracts, aviation leasing and mortgaging
- Bankruptcy, insolvency, receivership and corporate winding-up
- Formation of insurance companies in The Bahamas, insurance advisory work.
- Trademark, copyright and patent registration and protection; including but not limited to internet domain name and information technology protection.
Investment in The Bahamas by non-Bahamians is an area which is closely regulated by the Ministry of Finance, and which requires legal assistance.